Subscription Information and Submission Guidelines
The University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class is published twice a year. The annual subscription cost is $30.00. Please make checks payable to the University of Maryland and mail to:
University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class
500 West Baltimore Street, Room 369
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attention: Managing Editor
The University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class welcomes submissions from scholars, judges, practitioners, professors, and law clerks. We also publish student pieces written by members of the journal’s editorial board. We seek manuscripts that are well-written and contain original arguments that contribute to the legal scholarship regarding issues of race, religion, gender, and class.
Submissions must include:
- A cover letter that contains the title of the manuscript, a page count for the manuscript, and the author’s e-mail address, mailing address, and daytime telephone number.
- The author’s resume or curriculum vitae.
- A brief abstract of the manuscript.
- A copy of the manuscript.
Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts electronically using the Scholastica (https://scholasticahq.com/) or ExpressO (http://law.bepress.com/expresso) online submission services. Manuscripts may also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions should be double-spaced, written in Times New Roman 12-point font, and have numbered pages. Submissions should appear in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe PDF (.pdf) format.
- Manuscript citations should appear in footnotes (not endnotes) and should conform to the latest edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- Preference will be given to manuscripts between twenty and fifty pages in length.
Authors will be notified through online submission service, email, or phone if the Journal is interested in pursuing publication. Any questions can be directed to the Manuscripts Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.